Thursday, January 19, 2012

Winter goes on

I meant to be updating the blog every week...but as winter goes on, I find its more like once a month.
But its not supposed to be a chore - so I won't feel bad. I haven't finished much knitting because of my reoccuring finger pain. I am still working on my cabled sweater and have started a plain top down pullover.
I'm watching what I eat - due to major holiday cookie madness. I made this for dinner tonight: Squash and pasta. The original recipe came from a Cooking Light magazine (look - here it is!). The squash is something my husband grew - it doesn't have a name. It was sweet but not as firm as butternut. He loves to experiment with squash crosses, but sometime I just wish I had plain old butternut!
Pretty much followed the recipe, although I added just a tablespoon of butter to make the cheese sauce, and used some mozerella in place of some of the provolone. Everyone ate it - success!

1 comment:

Anthony T.Keil said...

I simply couldn't leave your web site before suggesting that I extremely loved the usual information a person provide on your visitors? Is gonna be again frequently in order to investigate cross-check new posts
L. Erickson Narrow Ribbon Bow Headband